WHY CHOOSE DR. VARGHESE JOHN?
- 25+ Years Experience
- Advanced Post-Graduate Training In:• Implant Prosthodontics• Oral & Sinus Surgery• Cosmetic Dentistry
• Conscious Sedation
- DIPLOMATE Status at ICOI
- FELLOWSHIP Status at Misch Implant Institute
Gendex DP-700 3D Cone Beam Dental Imaging SystemAdvanced Dentistry makes use of the Award-Winning Gendex DP-700 3D Cone Beam Dental Imaging System for Optimum Results in Implant Placement. This machine takes a 3 dimensional picture of the jaw which allows us to know exactly where to position an implant.
Fixed Implant-supported Dentures Offer Superior Stability
Missing teeth can impact nearly every area of your life. Traditional dentures have a tendency to slip and wobble, so you might still not feel as confident in your smile. A fixed implant-supported denture can restore oral function and improve your appearance. This type of restoration feels more secure and gives you more freedom than traditional methods of restoration. Dr. Varghese John can create a custom fixed denture that looks extremely lifelike and will last for years to come. To learn more about why more and more patients are choosing fixed implant-supported dentures, contact our Sugar Land, TX, office today.
DETERMINING WHICH TYPE OF DENTURE IS RIGHT FOR YOU
When you first meet with Dr. John to discuss your treatment options, he will perform a thorough evaluation of your oral health. If you suffer from widespread tooth loss, a denture is a great option to consider. Dentures consist of a full arch of individual crowns that are fused to one another and attached to a gum-colored base. There are several types of dentures that you and Dr. John will discuss.
Traditional Dentures – Traditional dentures rest directly on the gums. Each morning, patients apply an adhesive to their denture, which will hold it in place throughout the day. These restorations are removed each night and cleaned.
Implant-supported Dentures– Implant-supported dentures are supported by dental implants, or small titanium posts that are surgically placed within the jaw. Implant-supported dentures are either fixed or removable.
A removable implant-supported denture snaps into place using a specialized retaining bar. It is removed daily for cleaning, like a traditional denture, but still offers greater stability. A fixed denture remains firmly in place and is only periodically removed by Dr. John for cleaning, repair, or replacement.
The Prettau® Zirconia Bridge – Dr. John prefers the Prettau® Zirconia Bridge, an advanced type of fixed denture. This state-of-the-art material is very strong and looks completely natural. It is also more resistant to chips, cracks, and discoloration than some other denture materials.
Ultimately, the decision to receive a traditional, removable, or fixed denture will depend on your budget and certain lifestyle factors. Dr. John will work closely with you to find the best solution for your health and aesthetic goals.
Fixed implant-supported restorations provide a wealth of benefits over other types of dentures
- When you have a fixed denture, you can rest assured that it will stay securely in place even while you eat and speak.
- Dental implants not only support your denture, but they also keep your jaw bone healthy. The posts actually stimulate the jaw bone, which prevents it from resorbing into the body after tooth loss.
- A fixed denture is easier to care for than a traditional or implant-supported removable denture. You will brush your denture just like your natural teeth, rather than having to remove and clean it each night.
- Fixed dentures eliminate the need to deal with messy adhesive pastes.
- While fixed dentures are more costly than removable types, they can last for many years with proper care.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to get an opinion on your need for dental crowns or bridges.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!